10 Basant Panchami Wishes for 2020
Basant Panchami is a festival of Saraswati Puja. If you are searching wishes for sending your friends to the Special Wishes, so you are in right place.
Marking the commencement of the spring season, Vasant or Basant Panchami is an important part of the Hindu festival calendar that is celebrated in different ways in different parts of the country. The festival also marks the preparation time for one of the important religious holidays in india– Holika Dahan and Holi. Kite flying is an important tradition in several North Indian states, as well as in Pakistan on the occasion Vasant Panchami. Also, wearing yellow clothes, serving food yellow in colour is also part of the tradition. On this day Goddess Saraswati is also worshipped and at several educational centres Saraswati puja is done. Therefore, this festival in Hindu culture is also known as Saraswati Jayanti in many parts of the country.
Vasant/Basant means spring and Panchami translates to the 5th day, so Vasant Panchami is celebrated on the 5th day of the bright half of the Hindu luni-solar calendar month of Magha, which typically falls in late January or February according to Gregorian Calendar. The festival date may vary according to the moon. The Basant Panchami date in 2020 is January 29.
Many of those following Hinduism dedicate Vasant Panchami to Goddess Saraswati who is considered the goddess of knowledge, language, music and all forms of art. The significance of Basant Panchami is that the festival marks the harvest time of mustard crop that has yellow blooms, which Hindus associate with Saraswati’s favourite colour.
Another legend behind Vasant Panchami is based on the Hindu God of love, Kama and Lord Shiva. It is believed that Goddess Parvati approached God Kama to wake Shiva from his Yogic meditation so that he could fulfill his earthly duties. Kama agreed and shot an arrow made of flowers and bees from his bow made of sugarcane. This initiative is celebrated by Hindus as Vasant Panchami.
The history of Vasant Panchami also connects it to the birthday of Sun God. On this day, the statues in the Deo-Sun shrine of Aurangabad district of Bihar are washed and old red clothes on them are replaced with new ones. Devotees sing, dance and play musical instruments.
The festival of Basant Panchami is being observed across India with full of fervour and zest. The festival markes the arrival of spring and takes place in almost every locality across northern parts of the country. The festival also marks the preparation for Holi, that takes place 40 days after Basant panchami. It is observed on the fifth day of Magha that usually typically falls in the month of January or February. Basant panchami is dedicated to goddess Saraswati--goddess of knowledge, arts, and music. People wear yellow clothes and accessories on this festival and share the same coloured snacks and sweets. Some devotees add saafron to their rice and prepare a delicious khichdi.
Here are some wishes, messages, SMS to send your loved ones on Saraswati Puja:
- May the occasion of Basant Panchami, Bring the wealth of knowledge to You, May You be blessed by Goddess Saraswati & All Your Wishes Come True.
- Wishing you Happiness, Good fortune, Success, Peace, & Progress on the occasion of Basant Panchami.
- May Goddess Saraswati bless you with the ocean of knowledge which never ends.
- With fragrant flowers and fluttering butterflies around, soft breeze whispers in your ear - Happy Basant Panchami!
- Spring is in air, Fresh blossoms everywhere. Sending you my warm greetings on the auspicious occasion of Basant Panchami!
- Life is to learn. May Goddess Saraswati's divine blessings help you learn and pass the life's tests with ease.
- May the goddess of knowledge, language, music and arts bless you and your family.
- May you be bestowed with knowledge and wisdom... have a blessed Basant Panchami!
- With the chill in the weather receding, may your sorrows also vanish like the cold weather. Happy Basant Panchmi!
- As harsh winter ends and mustard flowers bloom, may your life sees no more tough time or any gloom. Happy Basant Panchami to all!
This festival represents the change in phase of life as flowers begins to blossom, so likewise may this festival make your life full of happiness and more cheerful.
Thanks for reading this post. Do comment down to help us bring more posts like this.