Best wishes to share on women’s day
Behind every successful man, there is a woman – someone has rightly said that! This age-old saying highlights the major contribution of women towards society.
Majority of us might actually agree with this saying as a woman is best defined as a symbol of positivity, determination, strong will-power, courage and lot more things. The International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8. The day showcases a female’s contribution to building the society and making it a better place to live.
It was actually started by the Socialist Party in the United States in 1909 and was observed in New York, but it wasn’t until Clara Zetkin, a German feminist, pushed for it to be a holiday in 1910 that it really took off across Europe. It was celebrated in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland in 1911, and became an important day for pacifist protests during World War I.
It later became an extremely important holiday in Russia because striking women workers sparked the February Revolution on International Women’s Day in 1917. Bolshevik leaders wanted to wait until Workers’ Day on May 1 to launch the revolution, but women took to the street to demand bread and an end to the war, and their protests forced the abdication of the czar. Lenin declared Women’s Day an official Soviet holiday after the October revolution, at the urging of his commissar of social welfare, Alexandra Kollontai.
Later, it spread throughout the socialist world, to places like China and Cuba, as an important day to recognize the contributions women have made to both family and the economy.
For over 100 years, International Women’s Day has been celebrated worldwide to commemorate women, their struggles, and their achievements. International Women’s Day was first observed by Austria, Denmark, Germany, and Switzerland in 1911 on March 19th and by Russia in 1913 on the last Sunday of February. March 8th has been the recognized date for International Women’s Day since 1914. This day is a national holiday in 27 countries, often involving men acknowledging the women who are special in their lives through flowers and small gifts.
This day is also celebrated by many more countries through events such as rallies, conferences, and parades. The United Nations has observed International Women’s Day since 1975 and has included an official theme for International Women’s Day since 1996. The theme for this year is “Equality for Women is Progress for All,” as mentioned directly in the International Women’s Day message from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon. The UN also holds annual forums that bring together keynote speakers and political and business leaders to discuss the status of women worldwide, focusing this year on women in agriculture and how the private sector can empower women.
This day is a reminder to everyone worldwide that women play important roles in all parts of society, from education and politics to research and business, and is a day to reflect upon women, past and present, who have made an impact on others and on society.
The day was only recognised by the United Nations in 1975, but ever since it has created a theme each year for the celebration. On this International Women’s Day, let’s celebrate the womanhood and make them feel extra special by sending them the best women’s day messages.
- It’s crazy that women still have to fight for their rights. We still live in a society where being a woman is dangerous. Let’s remind ourselves that our mothers, sisters and daughters are absolutely, unbelievably amazing, and they deserve so much more. Happy Woman’s Day!
- Flowers and chocolate cannot do what the words of love can. Every woman in our lives is unique and beautiful. Don’t forget to cherish Her every day, not only on Woman’s Day. Cheers to our lovely ladies!
- Everything starts with a woman. Life starts with a woman. The greatest love of all starts with Her. Appreciating and loving everything that women give us each and every day is our duty. Let’s raise our glasses for the ladies!
- Can you imagine life without women? There’s no life without them. Nowadays, it’s so important to keep our women safe and protect them, because they do so much for every one of us, and sometimes we fail to appreciate it. Happy Woman’s Day!
- On this special day I want to wish you a lot of patience. This world will soon learn to treat women the way they deserve to be treated. Cheers to every single woman of our crazy world!
- I can’t find the words to express how I feel about women. Their strength and power, their ability to keep their heads up no matter what. I admire it on every possible level. Girls run the world, that’s the only thing I know for sure. Happy Women’s day!
- We all know that this world would mean nothing without a woman or a girl. Women are stronger than anyone can imagine. Let’s celebrate their endless power today. Happy Women’s day.
- Woman can be powerful without being aggressive. Isn’t it amazing? May the marvelous feminine energy cover our world with its warmth and greatness. Happy Women’s day to all of us!
- Women are world’s greatest inspiration. Let’s praise our muses and never forget how amazing and wonderful they are. Respect and cherish them every single day. Happy Women’s day!
- Women have deserved so much than just a day in a year. The power they have inside is enormous. This day is a reminder for every human being in the world to love and admire women, for they deserved it. Happy Women’s day!
- A woman is so much more than just a human being. She has Gods power to create a life, to cope with so much pain and somehow always end up being the strongest one in every room. Happy Women’s Day to all Goddesses out there!
- Today we celebrate the most amazing thing God has every created. You know what they say: this is the man’s world, but it would be nothing without a woman or a girl. Let’s not forget about that. Happy Women’s Day!
- Every woman is a mystery no man can solve. God blessed us with ladies, so let’s love and appreciate them till the end of time. Don’t forget to appreciate and cherish your mother, sister and wife. Happy Women’s Day!
- Such an amazing opportunity to thank all of the beautiful, wonderful, charming women out there! Thank you for making life possible, thank you for being so different and strong! Happy Women’s Day!
- Happy Women’s day to the strong, beautiful, funny and incredible women! I will never stop admire your strength and intelligence. Who runs the world? Girls! Happy Women’s day!
- Spring and women have much in common. They both are about flowering, revival, inspiration and beauty. Wish you to stay young, fresh and feminine 24/7. Happy Women’s Day!
- Dear and beloved women! I wish that this wonderful holiday remind you of the joy of motherhood and of happiness in marriage. It’s Women’s Day today so let yourself enjoy being women in full!
- Let the spring sun melt snow and ice.
Let it bring happiness, joy and lights to your hearts,
Let it bring lots of love to your homes.
I greet you with the beautiful spring and Woman’s day!
- I wish you on the Women’s day
A lot of happiness, good health, luck and joy!
You are so bright like the sun
You are so generous like the earth
You are so strong like a man
And all together you are woman!
- Dear women, you are so beautiful,
This day is for you and you truly deserve it!
Wishing you the most wonderful Women’s Day!
- Spring’s white snowdrops have already flowered
Let your hearts glow with flowers today, be loved and loving.
Congratulations on Women’s day!
- Let the smile adorn your face
Let men fell at your feet
Today feel as if in Heaven
Because it is the 8th of March!
- Dear Women!
You are remarkable treasures of the Universe,
You adorn and cherish the World,
And You give it spirituality!